How did Universal Converter take over people’ oss?
Can you trust Universal Converter (also known as Universal Converter Virus)? Be careful that this software has been actively circulated in a package together with another suspicious software known as NetAssistant The plug-in could access the pc together with other free applications without an relevant knowledge necessary. Generally you will see Universal Converter fixed as your home webpage and default search engine. Universal Converter was at the start titled Aftervote.com, a search tool in addition to an AJAX backbone. Of course, this is accomplished for monetization aims. Please, be really careful together with that as you may effortlessly become a victim of identity deception and additional issues.
|Download SpyHunter||Download Malwarebytes|
We feel the browser hijacker may be spread through suspicious record-distribution webpages. After it slithers into the pc os, it sets up its add-ons and then keeps a document of your frequented pages, downloads, saved bookmarks, and even your most recent search inquiries. This extension runs on Google Chrome, web Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other not so respected internet browsers. However, Universal Converter virus does initiate some authorized changes and can act as an annoying bug. You are able to identify a multitude of web pages that suggest collections of recipes on the net. Quite a number people do not do so as they rush through the setup wizard, with the motive to implement this one tool they ought promptly.
How to remove Universal Converter?
In truth, this utility is a hijacker. The aim of this is very unsophisticated – the plug-in is paid for that. What does it suggest? It redirects you to search.yahoo.com in a new tab portal. Those documents generally uncover whether the program you have acquired shows third-party an application or not. The results may be unlucky. In other cases you might identify on your own on false online stores, which are generated by hackers for a single reasoning – to take your credit card details.
Universal Converter hijacker is not purchased or available for free alone on the Internet. Nevertheless, it’s appearance may disable your web browser’s efficiency and begin usual freezes. Secure your private details and guarantee that crooks as are unable to come to your the biggest part of valuable statistics. Don’t earn such errors! Ads shall displace people to websites with questionable functions: mention that ads may be introduced to you by ad-supported software set up by the same downloaders that are implemented to set up Universal Converter. However, the search resolutions you notice via the tailored Yahoo!
What can I do to prevent this invader from routing me to risky websites?
Universal Converter virus is distributed together with various freeware. Since you may see, Universal Converter merely pretends to be a secure and trustworthy search engine (as they always do). As a problem of point, the Local Weather button leads you to a widget website that promotes a bunch of suspicious third-party ads, which can be dangerous to press on unless you desire to jeopardize getting viruses or arrive on malicious web pages. Some variations of this threat install a program that prevents browser mode from altering. Of course, as stated previously, you may contact us for supplementary guidelines if you find this application on some other browser.
|Download SpyHunter||Download Malwarebytes|
Learn how to remove Universal Converter from your computer
- 1. Step 1. Remove Universal Converter from your computer
- 2. Step 2. Delete Universal Converter from browser
Universal Converter removal guide
1. Step 1. Remove Universal Converter from your computer
1.1. Windows 8 & 10Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. In the Quick Access Menu, click on Control Panel and then press on Uninstall a program to uninstall the software.
1.2. Windows 7Go to Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program to uninstall the software.
1.3. Windows XPFind Control Panel in the Settings of the Click Start. On the Control Panel click on Add or Remove Programs.
1.4. Mac OS XSelect Applications in the Go menu, then find the Universal Converter application. Drag the app to Trash or right click on it and then select Move to Trash. Right click on the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
2. Step 2. Delete Universal Converter from browser
2.1. Remove the application from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions. Delete all unrecognized entries, apart from Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the window.
2.2. Restore Internet Explorer home page if it was changed by the application
- In the Gear menu, select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the URL and enter the domain you want as your home page. Press apply.
2.3. Reset browser
- Select Internet Options in the Gear menu.
- Click on the Advanced tab and the press Reset.
- Then choose Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Press Close and close your browser.
- If browser reset was not possible, use anti-malware software to scan your computer.
2.4. Terminate the application from Google Chrome
- In the menu, select Settings.
- Click on Extensions.
- Delete applications by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- You can disable them temporarily by unchecking the Enabled box in case you're not sure what you need to delete.
2.5. Reset Google Chrome home page and search engine
- Select Settings in the menu.
- Under “On start up”, find the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages”. Click on Set pages.
- Remove the set URL and enter the one you want have as your home page. Click OK.
- Then select Manage Search engines in the Search section. Remove unwanted search websites and keep the ones you use. Click Done.
2.6. Reset Browser
- If you find that you're still having issues with your browser, you can reset the settings.
- Go to Settings in the menu.
- In the Advanced settings, click Reset settings.
- Click Reset in the window that appears.
- If you find that you can't restore the settings, use anti-malware software to scan your computer.
2.7. Delete the application from Mozilla Firefox
- In the menu on the top right corner, click Add-ons.
- Select Extensions and Add-ons and remove all unwanted/unknown extensions.
2.8. Restore home page if it was changed
- In the menu, select Options.
- In the General tab, delete the unwanted URL and enter the preferred website. Or you can click Restore to Default.
- Press OK.
2.3. Reset browser
- In the menu, click on Help (the blue question mark at the bottom).
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Again click Refresh Firefox.
- You if are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox , scan your computer with a anti-malware program.
2.10. Uninstall the application from Safari (Mac OS X)
- In the menu, select Preferences.
- Go to Extensions in the tab section.
- Select the unwanted application and press uninstall. If your unsure if you should delete it, temporarily disable it by unchecking the Enable box.
- Restart your browser.
2.11. Reset Safari
- In the menu, click Reset Safari.
- Check the options you want restored. Press Reset.
- If you can not reset the browser, scan your computer with anti-malware software.
2.12. Remove Universal Converter from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and press on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Pick Settings.
- Press on the Choose what to clear button, that is located under Clear browsing data.
- Select everything you want to delete and press Clear.
- Right click on the Start button → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Locate all the Microsoft Edge entries, right-click on them and choose End Task.
pc-threat.com is in no way linked, sponsored, owned or affiliated with any malware developers or distributors referenced in this article. We do not promote or support any kind of malware. Our aim is to provide information about potential computer threats so that users can safely detect and eliminate the malware. You can do so by following the manual removal guides or using anti-malware tool to aid you in the process.
The article is only meant for educational purposes. By using this website, you agree to the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that our removal guides will be able to solve your computer malware issues. Because malware changes constantly, manual removal does not always work.